Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Welcomed end

Ahh....its over for England from the World Cup and not meaning to sound like a bonified hater; I am well pleased. yeah...they had hope and talent but there were other teams that had more talent than England but didn't make it because it just wasn't their time.

Throughout the world cup I've been rooting for teams that were a majority black regardless of what corner of the world they were from....these teams were mostly underdogs and their players represented a portion of their countries that were marginalized and sidelined but glorified during sporting events like the World Cup.

Ecuador, Ghana, Togo etc....though its unfortunate that most of the teams that I'd cheered for didn't make it... theres still one team a lot of people might identify with that I also like; although I wouldn't classify Brazil as an Underdog but they do fit my criteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home