Thursday, November 17, 2005

So today was the shittiest day of the year so far.....beating out the hottest days of summer. I really am not a fan of the snnow and ice when it first forms only when its melting away under the sweet spring sun. So I'm watching southpark today and its a show about Scientology and I'm reminded of my run-in with scientology. A few months ago, while walking in Minneapolis when I was visiting someone, I saw a sign that said "Now Hiring, excellent pay....exciting!", wow i thought to myself, that ad really sells that job. I must have known it was stupid because no one else was going in there. I walked in there and asked for an application. When I sat down to start filling it up, I knew something was wrong when the first question I was asked was "What is your mother's full name", I jokes you not. One of the most memorable question from that application excluding "what is your brother's name, at what age did you have sex" was this one, "Do you have involuntary muscle movements ?". As you can tell from those questions it was no regular job....but I still didnt get it, maybe its such a cool job that they cant afford to have crazy people get in. Afer submitting my application i was asked to go into a dark room where a single chair was placed in the center of the room in front of the largest television screen I had ever seen before...all this, just for me? man...I'm in already.
The video came on and the first thing I saw was this guy get hit in the head by a football at a game. He passed out! man...that QB is like David and that guy was like Goliath and maybe he just got the shit slain out of him. The next scene shows this guy waking up after being hit in the head and a light shining from heaven while a space ship decended. One thing came into my mind at this point...RUN!! I picked up my backpack and ran out.... with the guy going, is it ok man? are you done? is everything ok? I thought I was going to be kidnapped and made to finish that movie, it was beyond science fiction or anything, and that is the last I'll ever see of a living Scientologist. Good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home