Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bye bye Boondocks

After hearing official press releases from Aaron Mcgruder himself that the Boondocks would be canceled from all newspaper circulation, I felt a mix of different emotions.
After being a reader of the Boondocks since 1999 and the owner of all of the compilation books, I'm waiting for something new from Aaron.
News reports from ABC NEWS reported that Mcgruder would begin working on a feature film release based on the comic strip. I feel a bit torn because as a long time Boondocks reader, it felt great knowing that some people just didn't get it and that it was just too "controversial" for some lame ass newspapers.

Does the mass marketing first begining with the series on Adult Swim ( although I loved it and was at first afraid that it would just be a mockery of Mcgruder's ideas ) and now the alledged movie in the works based on the strip; but being a fan and not a contributor, its not my place to say whats best from the author's point of view...and I trust that Aaron Mcgruder will work nothing but magic as he has always done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home