Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Thanksgiving prayer

On Thanksgiving when every one will be doing everything other than giving thanks...
I pray and give thanks for

  • The Health that God has given me despite so many people being ill.
  • My ability to wake up every morning without problems be it physical or mental.
  • For all that I have: my health and wealth ( compared to millions of people in countries where having the common necessities are considered a luxury)
  • My friends and family, especially my mother who has stuck by my side throughout my life.
  • For the life I live which does not fall victim to this society's ills and faults.
  • For the millions across the world who at the exact moment while America eats and gorge will feel the stabbing pain of hunger.
  • For the poverty stricken who have no way out of their situation but a helping hand.
  • For the homeless who have nowhere to lay their head at night but a hard pavement.
  • For children all over the world who have been orphaned because of war, disease, and family strife.
  • For leaders of the world who understand that peace is the only means and methods that will allow people the chance to pick themselves up from the bottom.

Amen

what is your prayer?

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

For peace. My body is weary when it keeps hearing of the deaths of brown people.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home