Thursday, November 16, 2006

Police Work

Reading the newspaper on campus where I use to work a while back, I saw an article by my buddy Oliver and couldn't help but enjoy it and therefore share it to the world. Point well made.


In response to title ,,,,,,, that I was reading in the Reporter dated Thursday October 19, 2006 that pertains to cops shooting someone in the back, I don't think justifying shooting someone in the back for no reason is good. I know it takes a few seconds for cops to draw their gun and pull the trigger. A mistake is a mistake and I think people who make mistakes that lead to people's death should serve some kind of punishment.

People who intentionally kill or murder should serve a severe punishment. If a cop shoots a person who is innocent in the back and gets away with it, it is like a doctor forgetting an instrument in a patient's body after a surgery and getting away with it if it leads to death. If a patient dies due to a major mistake by the doctor he gets punished.

The same thing should apply to police officers: if they kill mistakenly, they should be punished too. If it is a mistake then an investigation should be done to find out what the main reason behind it is. We are human and nobody is perfect. Mistakes can happen but it should not be taken advantage of. When cops begin to shoot people in the back intentionally and still get away with it then it is the system that is to blame. I know that there are cops out there that do not like humans of a different race.

Don't get me wrong, not all cops are bad, but there are lots of bad cops in the system. For example, I was walking down the street one day with a girlfriend of mine who is white. A cop walked up to her and asked her "are you okay?" She replied saying "I am fine". I stopped for a moment and asked what brought about the questioning. I realized my skin color had a lot to do with it. It kind of made me mad.

I realized how cops in generally are out looking for people of other races to persecute in one way or the other. According the article, it says a cop will fire a number of rounds and will not know how many they fired and if the person was facing them or not. I think most of the motive of the cop at that point is intent to kill.

Good job on the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) if they are doing this to find out who is innocent or guilty. Then that is fine; but if they are doing it to justify all the cops that shoot innocent people, I do not agree with them. Cops generally are trained to know when to take a drastic action.

There are lots of intentional killings that happen every year but officers are never convicted. It is hard to dial the 911 number when the officer who is being sent does not like you because of the color of your skin. I will not be surprised if the independent paper that reads "Shot Dead by Police: 30, Officers Convicted: 0" is really true. We still have a long way to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Through these eyes said...

Like i've said before on my blog, and I'll say again, Fuck the Popos!

8:44 AM  
Blogger claudius_max said...

@ through these eyes: yeah, get some repressed power tripping dude in a uniform and he wants to enslave humanity

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home