Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring in a shell

The past three days or so has been trying to tell me something. Spring has sprung and it's nothing short of beautiful everywhere you go. Beautiful...happy...non-chalant people, but I'm not happy. It seems like Spring has passed me over and I'm all but free of the long gone grasp of bluesy fall.

I've wanted one thing ever so bad, one thing which never came my way before spring did; I went to bed at night dreaming of playing my new sky blue Fender Stratocaster someday after I'd saved enough money from my work last summer. Well...some things just demand money right now and therefore my Blue-string as I would have named it won't be mine for another year or so...damn it!!!

something which brings me to a list of things I should've had this spring but had to bump up to next spring:





On yet another topic relating to Spring...it's during the start of Spring when I get this special urge to meet new people especially women...as I've heard this is called the "Spring Fling Bug"-----how fitting a name for something that I couldn't figure out a name for.

I'm growing ever more excited so see my brother and sisters during the summer and to visit my aunt Bea in Detroit...which is one place I really really hate to go, only because of my belief that homeless people on a street corner are suppose to evoke feelings of sympathy, and not fear for your life. My aunts in Chicago are also looking foward to seeing me...another place which I don't mind going to but the constant fear of my paper currency leaving my hand or open wallet in a gust of seemingly strong wind is ever present.

Spring, it seems encourages me to be more productive. I clean my room more often...(though I've given up on the apartment as a whole because I am the only one who ever does so) smile more and be a lot more productive in the simple tasks I carry out everyday. During days of sunshine I find no enjoyment in watching T.V as there is so much more I can do to entertain myself.

Spring also makes me want to write even more but as easily distracted as I am and given the many distractions avalaible to distract me....it won't be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home